For Sure J'Adore

12.18.2012

Stress Reliever


Recently I have found myself to be overwhelmed with all of the activity in my life. With everything from the holidays and college applications, to shaping up my portfolio and school work, I have been majorly stressed. 

I discovered this quote on the Free People blog last week, and it really resonated with me. The last line especially, and I have been thinking about it whenever I start to feel upset. I tell myself, "how do you feel right now?" Usually the answer is fine, and I try to surround myself with thoughts that relate to that feeling. If the answer is crappy, then I ask myself, "Ok, so what can I do right now to change how I feel." --Not focusing on tonight, tomorrow, or next week. Just now. I almost always find a solution, and it usually includes me just checking my blog, sketching, listening to my favorite Keith Urban album and  browsing shops online. 

I think starting yoga again has helped me to come up with these solutions in that I am able to slow my thoughts just like I practice during class. What are your solutions to dealing with stress? 
Follow For Sure J'Adore
(function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true; po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s); })();

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you share your thoughts!
Thanks for visiting.
xx
~Taylor